Friday, July 18, 2008

Lessons

A friend gave me a keychain before. It said 'Friends are the family we choose for ourselves.'.

Up till recently, I didn't grasp the meaning of 'treasure' that well. But it all changed. I got back my sound system for my laptop, and it felt like a dream come true. And Mum finally decided to let me decide for myself what I should do in the future.

Most importantly, I discovered friends were god-given.

Yes, I'm young, inexperienced, unskilful. I admit to that. But at least I've friends who let me practise, friends who let me try my skills on. Sometimes it doesn't turn out as what I thought of, and I feel bad about it. Yet no one grumbles. Everyone's being that patient, and an angel. So I vowed, to repay them. Someday, in the future, I hope I can proudly jump in the air and say 'YES! I can make you the most stunning person ever!' All these for allowing me to survive now, for letting me practise my craft so I can be somebody in the future.

Thank You. :))

And to the fisher in a big blue sea, just be careful. You never know when all the fishes are gonna escape you. You may think it's worthwhile to 'show off' yr fantastic fishing skills, but don't forget, you are bound to the swimming pool. You still have to be a swimmer for half a decade. Is it worth even to make all the fishes feel you are a hypocrite, just for excellence in performance?

Perhaps I no longer care about my grades.... Perhaps I was once a loner..... But all I know is, it doesn't feel great. I would rather guide people if I want to show off, so I be at the top and still be popular. Or I would rather train hard and let people benefit from my skills.

And last thing, I am one of the fishes who swam away.

No comments: